1.Although the chemical structure of polypropylene and polyester is very different-polypropylene is a homopolymer obtained by free radical polymerization of propylene, while polyester is a copolymer obtained by polycondensation of terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol, but after The fiber obtained by spinning process can meet the requirements of taking. The requirements for taking textile fibers are firstly to have appropriate physical and mechanical properties; secondly, the appearance and wearing comfort of the woven fabric, such as crispness, softness, non-balling, water absorption, breathability and so on. Compared to polypropylene fine denier, it is better than polyester.
2. The initial modulus of elasticity; indicates the fiber's resistance to small extensions. In clothing, it reflects the stiffness of the fiber to small extensions or small bends. Generally speaking, the larger the initial modulus, the smaller the fiber deformation and the better rigidity. The initial modulus of polypropylene is lower than that of polyester and higher than that of polyamide. The flexibility of its fabric is between polyester and polyamide.
3. Relative density: The relative density of polypropylene is 0.91, which is 40% lighter than cotton and 34% lighter than polyester. It is one of the lighter fibers for use, and it is a fiber lighter than water. This shows that polypropylene can be made into a light fabric, or under the same weight, bulky, or good warmth retention. Therefore, polypropylene fine denier is the material for making sportswear, swimwear and military bedding.
4. Abrasion resistance; because polypropylene fiber is constantly subjected to friction during use, the friction resistance of the fiber determines the use range and service life of the fiber. The abrasion resistance of polypropylene is better than that of polyester.
5. Comparison of appearance and wearing comfort of polypropylene, polyester fiber and fabric; fine-denier polypropylene filament because its dpf (denier of a single fiber) is less than 2, it has changed the waxy feel of ordinary polypropylene in the past, and the performance of clothing is poor. , And make fine denier and superfine denier polypropylene textile products become high-end products.
6. Breathable and drainage; Breathable and drainage is an index to measure comfort. The so-called breathability refers to the ability to transmit and diffuse gaseous water in the atmosphere through the fabric under certain wind speed and time conditions. When the human body sweats, the gaseous sweat can be discharged well, which will make people feel comfortable; on the contrary, it is impermeable and uncomfortable due to adhesion to the body. Drainage refers to the capillary attraction of the fabric, or wicking effect. When liquid water meets the fabric, it mainly depends on the inter-fiber voids in the fabric and the capillary action of the fiber to transfer water. The drainage of the fiber is not only affected by surface tension, but also related to the capillary radius. As the fiber size becomes finer, its drainage capacity increases. Therefore, the drainage varies with the degree of fiber capillarity. The finer the fiber, the better the wicking effect and the better the drainage.